ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Back to the Land of Technology

     Well, sorta. I actually have been typing on my parents Dell, and I am now officially used to a Mac, and let's just say this sentence took double the time to type. I will blame it on that so I don't have to admitt how much mommy/pregnancy/travel brain kicks in after a week of the most mental stimulation being "where do I buy my next meal" to "ok I will NOT let highway hypnosis (whatever that is) get the best of me on this leg of my like 24 hr total drive. I am determined to get this blog super organized and exciting while I am here on "vacation" in Denver for the next month, and you are SURE to get all kinds of exciting recipes out of it too...if only I can keep up the premise that cooking is still fun even on vacation and that I can and will find the time to write about it despite screaming kids, diaper blowouts and other regular daily mishaps. I have a fun new book for you all to take a look at...I think it was one of my mom's publisher clearing house freebies or something like that. "Favorite Brand Name Best Loved Whole Grain Recipes" (mouthful) We tried the whole wheat chunky double chocolate cookies....can I just say super yum? And what a glorious debut to jump-start my way back into cooking! I really like it for the great meal and snack ideas using all kinds of whole grains, I surely run out of ideas for barley and even rice on my own, and this book was chock full of 'em! Here is a link to this sweet little find on Amazon.com

Best Loved Whole Grain Recipe Book; Amazon


     Chunky Double Chocolate Cookies


4 squares (1 oz ea) unsweetened chocolate
1 c all purpose flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c packed brown sugar
3/4 c butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
12 oz white chocolate chopped or 1 12 oz pack white chocolate chips
1 c chopped nuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 350^. Melt chocolate according to package directions. Combine flours, powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer til light and fluffy. Add eggs, beat til blended. Beat in melted chocolate. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in white chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoon full 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 11-12 min, cool for atleas 1 min before removing to a cookie rack. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies



Enjoy and remember what the Monty Python boys always say,"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition"
Or something like that. Atleast thats how I have to see things after a crazy week of driving, moving, disneyland, crowds and otherwise. I hope I didn't leave anyone stranded, I promise to be more proactive... in the near future anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Girl you had to go and put a post about chocolate cookies!!! *naughty* :P I must try.
    Hope the "vacation" is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it to Denver, hope you have fun with your family, tell them all hi for me!

    ReplyDelete

blogger templates | Make Money Online