ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not Really

      I have come to the conclusion yet again that those who cannot "do", pretty much obsess over things that they can't "do". What I mean by this is that there are a million and one people out there that are not only natural cooks, but really know how to slow down and READ a recipe, do what they are told, and achieve ultimate cooking success. No I am not being a downer on myself and my cooking abilities (or lack thereof) but I am being a realist. No wonder my husband always asks, hey can't you just make the recipe like it says?  Well that wouldn't be any fun now would it. I would not only actually accomplish the end goal of a good meal, but I would not have anything fun to write about later! Not the best thing to post on a food blog, but what are you gonna do, I mean seriously, my nature is such that I really like to cut corners, find the easiest way to make ends meet, and eliminate any time wasted in food preparation or cooking. This sort of little personality disorder has led to many a flat cupcake, over browned cake crust, and even knocks to the head as I go so far to assume leaving a cupboard door open would actually save time from having to re-open it again later. Sick. Very sick. On the other hand though, someday I will have the benefit of saying I have tried it all, and that I know the absolute bar none best way to cook BBQ chicken on the planet, even if I set a kitchen towel on fire or over cook the drumsticks in the meantime. And with that food for thought, I have begged my dear friend to allow me to share her no fail bread recipe. Perfect for folks with instant gratification issues, like me.



     Jenny's Bread Recipe


1 1/3 c warm water
1/3 c honey
1 Tbsp Yeast
Mix above ingredients and let sit for about 5-10 min


1/2 - 3/4 c natural applesauce
1 egg
1 c dry milk
~5 c flour


Add additional ingredients after rest time, in the order listed. Use a kitchen aide OR a spatula to incorporate ingredients from the center out til well mixed. Let the bread rise for about an hour on a warm stove, then re mix and let rise another hour or so. You can skip the last rise cycle if pressed for time. This make WONDERFUL rolls, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls, etc.
Bake at 350^ for 15-20 min for rolls, bread for 45+

2 comments:

  1. The honey sounds like a wonderful addition to the bread. I would be happy to try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...just wanted you to know...I gave you an award over at my site!!! For being such a beautiful blogger!!! Enjoy!
    http://www.2slicksgoodtimes.com/2010/02/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

blogger templates | Make Money Online