ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Friday, April 15, 2011

Not even a few hours later...

     SO, I posted all my great ideas for fabulous thrifty living, and shortly thereafter found this most interesting article and website.



from the blog http://nourishedandnurtured.blogspot.com




"According to theCampaign for Real Milk website,
"Pasteurization destroys enzymes, diminishes vitamin content, denatures fragile milk proteins, destroys vitamins C, B12 and B6, kills beneficial bacteria, promotes pathogens and is associated with allergies, increased tooth decay, colic in infants, growth problems in children, osteoporosis, arthritis, heart disease and cancer."

So, what about lactose intolerance?  It turns out that raw milk is wonderful food that naturally comes with the lactase enzymes needed for digestion of lactose.  The act of pasteurizing milk kills the lactase enzymes.  That's right, 
problems digesting lactose occur when people are drinking pasteurized milk, not raw milk!”



WOW! I have been struggling with this for-EVER! Not really sure where to go from here. Especially as I looked up more info about this gal, she is part of her local chapter of the Weston A. Price foundation. Wanna know more? Check out http://www.westonaprice.org to find out all about what they call a “nourishing and traditional diet”. From what I have found out, it includes animal meats and fats as long as it is the correct kind... i.e. pasture/grass fed animals, raw cheeses and milk, of course the vegg, fruit, bean/legume and healthy grains. My favorite part of course was that you can and should have butter etc. Sounds like everything I am looking for, just more specific to what TYPES. Any thoughts? This discussion will continue as I have contacted my local chapter out here and am starting a little more research into it all!
Wish me luck! :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger templates | Make Money Online